IdentityMind Global Recognized as a Representative Vendor in Gartner’s “Market Guide for Identity Proofing and Corroboration”
May 17, 2018
Digital Identities Pioneer One of Three Vendors Out of 24 with Capabilities in All Use Cases in Gartner Market Guide
PALO ALTO, CA., May 17, 2018 – IdentityMind Global™, Digital Identities You Can Trust, today announced that the company has been recognized in the “Market Guide for Identity Proofing and Corroboration*,” published by Gartner on April 24th, 2018.
In “Market Guide for Identity Proofing and Corroboration*,” Gartner cites: “Identity proofing and corroboration is the combination of activities during an interaction that brings an identity claim with organizational risk tolerance such that:
- The real-world identity exists
- The individual claiming the identity is in fact the authentic possessor of that identity
This process must align three aspects of identity – the real-world identity, the digital identity and the person submitting the identity claim.”
“We were exceptionally pleased to be recognized as one of only three vendors – out of 24 vendors mentioned overall – with capabilities in six out of six use cases for Representative Vendors in the Market Guide: Identity Corroboration Hub, Data-Centric, Real-World Identity Corroboration, Document-Centric, Real-World Identity Corroboration, Digital Attribute Corroboration and Assessment, Navigation and Behavior Analysis and Real-World Digital Identity Reputation and Link/Graph Analysis,” said Garrett Gafke, CEO, IdentityMind Global.
“IdentityMind’s platform achieves each one of these functions either natively or combined with our ecosystem of partners,” continued Gafke. “We’ve been executing on this front for years. Making it all possible is IdentityMind’s patented Electronic DNA, or eDNA™ for short.”
According to Gafke, eDNA is a digital representation of an identity which can either be an individual or a business entity. Each can have multiple digital identities, and those are represented into eDNA in the IdentityMind platform. eDNA is the data model that holds all of these aspects of an identity together, and the model that makes every function listed in Gartner’s “Market Guide for Identity Proofing and Corroboration” framework possible.
For more information go to Jose Caldera, CMO, IdentityMind, Medium article on “Trusted Digital Identities – Creating a Common Framework for Proofing, Monitoring and Trusting Identities.”
eDNA is a construct that contains:
- Entities: Aggregation of attributes like name, email, phone, devices, geolocation, etc. Each entity can have its own risk model.
- Links: Relationships across entities which hold information like frequency, recency, age, strength of verification, and directionality.
- Reputation: Aggregation of behavior of entities and identities in the context of financial transactions.
- Preferred Authentication: What methodology (passive or active) is preferred for authenticating an identity.
- Affinity and Affiliation: Ability to assess fraud and compliance risk based on how identities are connected to other identities or group of identities either through link analysis in the IdentityMind database or through social networks.
To read the full Gartner “Market Guide for Identity Proofing and Corroboration*” report, click here. A Gartner subscription is required.
- Medium Article: Trusted Digital Identities – Creating a Common Framework for Proofing, Monitoring, and Trusting Digital Identities
- Guide: Trusted Digital Identities – Creating a Common Framework for Proofing, Monitoring, and Trusting Digital Identities
- IdentityMind 2.0 Webinar: IdentityMind 2.0: How Our Clients Helped Us Shape Transaction Monitoring
- Case Study: Why Getting 6,000 Sanctions Screening Matches Is a Good Thing
- Video: IdentityMind 2.0 Introduction Video
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About IdentityMind Global
IdentityMind Global, Digital Identities You Can Trust, provides a SaaS platform that builds, maintains and analyzes digital identities worldwide, allowing companies to perform identity proofing, risk-based authentication, regulatory identification, and to detect and prevent identity fraud. Built-in transaction monitoring enables e-commerce fraud prevention, anti-money laundering (AML), and counter terrorism financing (CTF). Our patented eDNA technology securely tracks the entities involved in each transaction (e.g. onboarding, account origination, money transfers, online payments, etc.) to build unique digital identity trust reputations. This reputation is anonymously shared between customers in IdentityMind’s Global Identity Network. For more information, visit IdentityMind on Web, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog, and Google+.
© 2018 IdentityMind Global. All rights reserved. IdentityMind Global and the IdentityMind logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of IdentityMind Global in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
Director of Corporate Communications
Email: [email protected]