IdentityMind Global Secures Two Top Industry Awards: CIO Review’s 50 Most Promising FinTech Solution Providers and Disruptor Daily’s 10 RegTech Companies Making Waves in the Industry
March 28, 2018
Pioneer in Digital Identities-based Solutions Recognized for Leading Compliance, Risk Management, and Fraud Prevention Solutions
PALO ALTO, CA., March 29, 2018 – IdentityMind Global™, Digital Identities You Can Trust, today announced that it recently secured two top industry awards: CIO Review’s 50 Most Promising FinTech Solution Providers and Disruptor Daily’s 10 RegTech Companies Making Waves in the Industry.
“We’re honored to receive both FinTech and RegTech recognition for our industry pioneering digital identity-based compliance, risk management and fraud prevention platform and product solutions,” said Garrett Gafke, CEO, IdentityMind Global. “These awards are a reflection of our corporate culture based on ongoing innovation, excellence in all that we do, and surpassing customers’ expectations.”
IdentityMind enables FinTech companies to meet regulatory compliance requirements for customer onboarding, prevention of money laundering and protection of their platforms from fraudulent activities. These companies use IdentityMind’s RegTech platform for know your customer (KYC), transaction monitoring for anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions screening, and to manage fraud risk.
The FinTech award comes from CIO Review, a technology magazine that talks about the enterprise solutions that can redefine the business goals of enterprises tomorrow. It is the leading source that shares innovative enterprise solutions developed by established solutions providers, upcoming hot enterprises and is a neutral source for technology decision makers. The RegTech award was given by Disruptor Daily, a publication whose mission is to help executives, founders, and investors keep a pulse on the latest trends, innovations, and companies shaping the future of their industry.
According to KPMG Pulse of Fintech Q4 2017 report, strong investment of U.S. $8.7 billion in Q4 2017 propelled global FinTech funding over U.S. $31 billion for 2017, sustaining the high level of investment seen in 2016. This brings the total global investment in the FinTech sector over the past three years to U.S. $122 billion.
“RegTech is poised for huge growth, as regulators, promise a greater level of control and oversight than ever before,” according to GT News, the leading global knowledge resource for over 65,000 treasury, finance, payments and cash management professionals. “Frost & Sullivan suggests the global RegTech market could reach $6.45 billion by 2020. The future of RegTech looks bright.”
Recent 2018 IdentityMind highlights include:
- Closed $10 Million Series C: The company closed a $10 million Series C round of financing in early 2018. According to Gafke, the funds will be used to drive expansion within international markets (Asia, Latin America and Europe), sales, marketing, and the company’s new business unit specifically dedicated to providing know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) solutions to address the regulatory and compliance requirements of the rapidly growing Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and cryptocurrency markets.
- GDPR-Ready: The company is GDPR-ready in the run-up to the May 25, 2018 EU deadline. The General Data Protection Regulation – or GDPR – is set to come into full effect on May 25, 2018 and will dictate how companies address data privacy and protection in the EU. IdentityMind Global KYC Plugin, which allows clients to onboard customers, has been updated to meet GDPR readiness. KYC plugin takes care of consent flow, consent management, right to erasure and data minimization. KYC decisioning process takes into consideration the third-party data sources being used for KYC and their GDPR compliance.
- Created Business Unit Dedicated to ICOs and Cryptocurrencies: Addressing marketplace demand and opportunities, IdentityMind created a new business unit specifically dedicated to providing know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) solutions to address the regulatory and compliance requirements of the rapidly growing Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and cryptocurrency markets. IdentityMind has worked with over 70 ICOs, headquartered in nearly 20 countries. In addition, IdentityMind has processed contributors from over 110 countries.
- Awarded New Patent on Sanctions Screening for Cryptocurrency Transactions: The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) granted IdentityMind a patent for enhanced sanctions screening. The patent describes and protects the integration of the company’s proprietary eDNA technology to reduce the risk of doing business with sanctioned individuals or identities that while not directly sanctioned themselves, are associated with sanctioned individuals.
- Press Release: “Digital Identity Pioneer IdentityMind Global Lands $10 Million Series C”
- Press Release: “IdentityMind Global Announces Creation of Business Unit Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and ICOs”
- Blog: “IdentityMind Global Highlights 2017 Year of Rapid Growth”
- Guide: “Trusted Digital Identities”
For more information, visit IdentityMind on Web, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog, Google+ .
About IdentityMind Global
IdentityMind Global, the leader in Digital Identities You Can Trust, provides a SaaS platform that builds, maintains and analyzes digital identities worldwide, allowing companies to perform identity proofing, risk-based authentication, regulatory identification, and to detect and prevent identity fraud. Built-in transaction monitoring enables e-commerce fraud prevention, anti-money laundering (AML), and counter terrorism financing (CTF). Our patented eDNA technology securely tracks the entities involved in each transaction (e.g. onboarding, account origination, money transfers, online payments, etc.) to build unique digital identity trust reputations. This reputation is anonymously shared between customers in IdentityMind’s Global Identity Network.
© 2018 IdentityMind Global. All rights reserved. IdentityMind Global and the IdentityMind logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of IdentityMind Global in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
Director of Corporate Communications
Email: [email protected]